These speed cleaning tips will have your house ready for guests in no time!
With Christmas less than a week away, you are not alone if you’re panicking about the state of the house.
If you find yourself without time to tackle your cleaning tasks, give us a call and we will bring our professional cleaning team and have your home spotless in no time!
1. Focus On Essential Areas
If you’re expecting guests and the whole house looks like a bomb site then it’s time to prioritise. Work out what areas people will be in on the day and focus your energy there.
You’ll definitely need a bathroom, and chances are people will also congregate in the kitchen, so start here. Ignore bedrooms and any living areas you can close off.
2. Outsource The Kids
Call in a favour with the grandparents or arrange a kid swap with a friend. Cleaning with mini hurricanes around is like trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreos. It’s just not going to happen.
3. Declutter First
Clutter makes a house look messy, plus it is harder to clean a cluttered room. Grab a washing basket (or three) and clear out everything in your prioritised rooms that don’t need to be there. Grab paperwork, clothes, toys, books, random kids stuff and any other junk that is taking up space.
If you don’t have time to put it all away just stick the washing basket (or baskets!) somewhere they won’t be seen. You can buy a new washing basked for under R100 if you need to, trust me, it’s a good investment
4. Collect Supplies
Once you’ve cleared the rooms and decluttered what you can it’s time to get speed cleaning. Start by collecting supplies. Here is a good guide:
- Disposable wipes for kitchen, bathroom/toilet & glass. Remember not to flush them, even if they say they are flushable!
- Toilet cleaner
- Spray for the shower
- A few plastic bags (for extra rubbish you find around)
- A dust cloth
- Spray & wipe
- Cotton rags/cloths
- Glass cloth
- Paper towel
- Scrubbing brush
- A bucket or basket to put it all in for easy transport
5. Get Cleaning
Working in one room at a time, start at the top of the room and work your way down. That way you won’t need to re-clean the floor by dust etc falling on it.
- Wash up and put away any dishes and throw any washing in the machine. If cushion covers and throws are looking a bit sad, chuck them in the wash too.
- Start in the bathroom and squirt toilet cleaner into the toilet and give the shower and bath a spray. Leave them while you head to the lounge/living areas
- Grab your dust cloth and dust all surfaces. Don’t forget window sills, blinds, skirting boards etc.
- Use your disposable wipes to wipe over all tables, benches, glass surfaces etc.
- Give the kitchen a once over with the spray and wipes including the stovetop, sink and benches. Unless the oven is in desperate need of a full clean, just give it a wipe down with a paper towel and spray and wipe.
- Head back to the bathroom and give the toilet a good scrub. Rinse off the bath and wipe down the mirror and sink with wipes (leave the shower, it will be last).
- Grab the vacuum and vacuum all areas (including the bathroom!) Give the couch a vacuum or wipe over while you are there.
- Once everything is vacuumed and clean, grab the mop and mop your way back to the bathroom (so you don’t have to step on any clean floors!)
- You’re now trapped in the bathroom and it’s time to get that shower (and yourself) clean. Nude up and jump in the shower with the scrubbing brush. Scrub and rinse while you shower. Dry it all off with a paper towel and the glass cloth, then use the glass wipes for any grime. Mop the bathroom.
- Your floors should now be dry so you can escape the bathroom and admire your clean home.
6. Maintain It
Once you’ve got the house clean and tidy, keep the kids OUT. Try to avoid using any rooms you’ve cleaned unless you have to. Ideally, it’s also best to do the big final clean on the day before your guests arrive.
At Gambu Security & Cleaning we pride ourself on offering targeted, innovative security systems and services that deliver solutions. As a turnkey service provider, we are able to provide our expertise and services to the retail, medical, governmental and commercial industry.
If you would like to learn more about world-class security and guarding services as well as our facilities management services, please feel free to contact us today. We are standing by to assist you!
“Guarding your future”
For more information:
We invite you to engage with us @GambuServices